The journal invites 6-8000 word original submissions. Authors are asked to register, read the guidelines, and agree to the ethics statement before submission. Turn around peer review time is usally 4-6 weeks.
Inclusion on these databases: Web of Science 2015 edition; Ulrich; Proquest; Australian Policy Online (APO); DOAJ; EBSCO; National Library of Australia’s Trove; Paperity; ARC Excellence in Research Australia 2014 Journals List. Validated by Scopus and undergoing evaluation.
Chief Editors: Professors Kerry Carrington and Reece Walters Crime and Justice Research Centre, Queensland University of Technology
Downloads now exceeded 100,000
|There have been 100,268 abstract views and 65,588 downloads as of today.|
Vol 4, No 1 (2015): International Journal for Crime, Justice and Social Democracy
Table of Contents
- Reach and Relevance of Prison Research Hilde Tubex. 4-17 PDF (363KB)
- Description at the Edge? I-It / I-Thou Relations and Action in Prisons Research Alison Liebling. 18-32 PDF (409KB)
- Reform and Research: Re-connecting Prison and Society in the 21st Century Peter Scharff Smith. 33-49 PDF (374KB)
- Inside the Belly of the Penal Beast: Understanding the Experience of Imprisonment Ben Crewe. 50-65 PDF (348KB)
- The Craft of Doing Qualitative Research in Prisons Kristel Beyens, Philippe Kennes, Sonja Snacken, Hanne Tournel. 66-78 PDF () (323KB)
- Researching Human Rights in Prisons Bronwyn Naylor. 79-95 PDF (354KB)
- Assessing the Prison Experience for Australian First Peoples: A Prospective Research Approach John Rynne, Peter Cassematis. 96-112 PDF (372KB)
- Conducting Prison Research in a Foreign Setting Lila Kazemian. 113-127 PDF (344KB)
- Claire Renzetti (2013) Feminist Criminology. London, UK: Routledge. . 128-130 PDF (239KB)
- Murray Lee and Alyce McGovern(2014) Policing and Media: Public Relations, Simulations and Communications. Abingdon, Oxon; New York: Routledge. . 131-133 PDF (303KB)
- Kerry Carrington (2015) Feminism and Global Justice. London: Routledge. . 134-135 PDF (233KB)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.