The International Journal for Crime, Justice and Social Democracy is an open access, blind peer reviewed journal that seeks to publish critical research about challenges confronting criminal justice systems around the world.The first two editions were published under the shorter title, International Journal for Crime and Justice.
In addition to articles on the general theme, the journal invites 6-8000 word submissions on the following specific themes.Penal Policy and Punishment in the Global Era; Policing, Security and Democratic Freedoms; Sex, Gender and Justice; Eco-Justice, Corporate Crime and Corruption; Crime, Courts & Justice Institutions; Counter Colonial Criminologies & Indigenous Perspectives.
Vol 3, No 1 (2014): International Journal for Crime, Justice and Social Democracy
Table of Contents
- Chief Editors' Introduction . 1-2 PDF (209KB)
- Towards Equalisation of the Impact of the Penal Fine: Why the Wealth of the Offender Was Taken into Account Patricia Faraldo-Cabana. 3-15 PDF (327KB)
- Decorative Justice: Deconstructing the Relationship between the Arts and Imprisonment Leonidas Cheliotis. 16-34 PDF (377KB)
- Governing Sex: Removing the Right to Take Responsibility Gillian Cowlishaw. 35-48 PDF (333KB)
- Changing Narratives: Colonised Peoples, Criminology and Social Work Chris Cunneen, Simone Rowe. 49-67 PDF (391KB)
- The Politics of Hate Crime: Neoliberal Vigilance, Vigilantism and the Question of Paedophilia David McDonald. 68-80 PDF (331KB)
- One-punch Laws, Mandatory Minimums and ‘Alcohol-Fuelled’ as an Aggravating Factor: Implications for NSW Criminal Law Julia Ann Quilter. 81-106 PDF (507KB)
- Community Safety and Crime Prevention Partnerships: Challenges and Opportunities Patrick Sheperdson, Garner Clancey, Murray Lee, Thomas Crofts. 107-120 PDF (332KB)
- Domestic Violence and Family Law: Criminological Concerns Molly Dragiewicz. 121-134 PDF (338KB)
- Roach, Jason and Pease, Ken (2013) Evolution and Crime. London and New York: Routledge. . 135-137 PDF (240KB)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.