The journal invites 6-8000 word original submissions. Authors are asked to register, read the guidelines, and agree to the ethics statement before submission. Turn around peer review time is usally 4-6 weeks.
Data bases: Web of Science 2015 edition; Ulrich; Proquest; Australian Policy Online (APO); DOAJ; EBSCO; National Library of Australia’s Trove; Paperity; ARC Excellence in Research Australia 2014 Journals and Scopus.
Chief Editors: Professors Kerry Carrington and John Scott, Crime and Justice Research Centre, Queensland University of Technology
Journal downloads extraordinary
The journal continues to experience extraordinary growth. In 10 months of 2015 abstract views and PDF downloads have grown 2.4 times.
Abstract views 60,173 to 146,558
PDF downloads from 39,986 to 96,131
Vol 4, No 3 (2015): International Journal for Crime, Justice and Social Democracy
Table of Contents
- ‘All of a Sudden, There Are Muslims’: Visibilities and Islamophobic Violence in Canada Barbara Perry. 4-15 PDF (307KB)
- Limits of UK Counterterrorism Policy and its Implications for Islamophobia and Far Right Extremism Tahir Abbas, Imran Awan. 16-29 PDF (345KB)
- Rotherham, Rochdale, and the Racialised Threat of the ‘Muslim Grooming Gang’ Waqas Tufail. 30-43 PDF (330KB)
- ‘They Make Us Feel Like We’re a Virus’: The Multiple Impacts of Islamophobic Hostility Towards Veiled Muslim Women Irene Zempi, Neil Chakraborti. 44-56 PDF (315KB)
- In Defence of Culture? Racialised Sexual Violence and Agency in Legal and Judicial Narratives Selda Dagistanli. 57-72 PDF (365KB)
- Honour, Violence and Heteronormativity Nicole L Asquith. 73-84 PDF (320KB)
- Not Eating the Muslim Other: Halal Certification, Scaremongering, and the Racialisation of Muslim Identity Shakira Hussein. 85-96 PDF (325KB)
- Turning Asylum Seekers into ‘Dangerous Criminals’: Experiences of the Criminal Justice System of those Seeking Sanctuary Monish Bhatia. 97-111 PDF (371KB)
- The Creeping Blight of Islamophobia in Australia Linda Briskman. 112-121 PDF (305KB)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.